Cherri Gilham's Angel Blog
When I was a child of seven my life wasn't particularly wonderful. But one day it was made quite wonderful. I cried myself to sleep and was awoken by an angel. He said to me "I am the Archangel Gabriel. I will always be with you, all through your life. Things may not always be nice for you. There will sometimes be pain. But I will always be there to protect you. No harm will ever come to you. Remember......I am always there beside you, watching over you". I sensed extreme joy and love and I KNEW.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Yes........Guardian Angels brought me to this place

.
.
.
.
..
.

.
.
.
.
.blair-keys-cb-cg-look
That is ME in the BLIAR hat, standing next to Blair after he had just won (to our grief) another murderous term in office. I was a candidate, standing gainst him in his Sedgefield constituency
  • more info here but beware - strong language

  • I am there for a reason.
    Contrary to what you might believe, I'm NOT an exhibitionist. For me to wear that hat was quite difficult in a way.
    We were told to arrive at the Election 'count' at 10.00pm. Blair himself did not arrive until 1.15am. I didn't put the hat on until I heard that he was walking thru the door.
    I knew I had to wear it and somehow at some point stand slightly behind him so that I could be photographed by my agent's partner down in the audience.
    I did not and could not have manoevred myself into that position.
    IT HAPPENED. And it was meant to be.
    Because Bliar took no blairing notice of poor Reg Keys..the man on the podium in the pic, whose son had been slain by a mob in Iraq.
    And he took no blairing notice of the British public. In our millions we protested. And in our millions he ignored us.

    It was meant to be, that a woman stood next to him wearing a hat that screamed (B)LIAR, because each time in the future that the reign of 'President' Blair is recalled, when his autobiog is written and all reality airbrushed out, this picture will remain hanging in the achives of his soul, one hopes, picturing the stark reality of the times. Bliar's despotic drive for power and money. His clownishness that he thought he could fool us. Oh yes he did fool some. Pulled the wool well over.
    But you know what? One day it will all be revealed. He will come before his god.....and he will have to examine what he did. He that professed along with the Bush creep deep Christianity, whilst directing the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent children in Iraq and now Afghanistan. When you meet your maker Bliar, you shall be unmade. When you stand there in your socks before God, with none of your cronies to speak for you, you will learn the futility of earthly power and material possessions.

    On my path to that Sedgefield platform, I learnt a lot in terms of politics, (actually I renamed it poolitics....such a shit biz it was), people and myself. I was thwarted often, but each time I felt like chucking it in, the sun came out on my experience, and I continued til I reached that podium next to the Bliar.

    Yes my foray into the public arena of politics has ended. I did what I felt I had to do. My little contribution...putting my money where my mouth was. It hasn't changed the world, but it's changed my knowledge of the world.