Cherri Gilham's Angel Blog
When I was a child of seven my life wasn't particularly wonderful. But one day it was made quite wonderful. I cried myself to sleep and was awoken by an angel. He said to me "I am the Archangel Gabriel. I will always be with you, all through your life. Things may not always be nice for you. There will sometimes be pain. But I will always be there to protect you. No harm will ever come to you. Remember......I am always there beside you, watching over you". I sensed extreme joy and love and I KNEW.

Monday, May 23, 2005

My second Guardian Angel moment

I was walking my dog today and for no discernable reason I remembered something from way back. Now, I don't have photographic memory. What I am gifted with is Video Memory. I see things, not in single frames, but in moving moments. Very clearly. I was 10, swimming at the seaside where I grew up. I went under the water, and I knew I was drowning. That's what happens if you're a kid who can't swim properly and you're dog-paddling in a current stronger than you.
My life was literally flashing before me, all in very sharp video. I was kind of resigned that this was it, and was sort of going with it. (hey - how going with the flow was that? :). Nobody was there to save me, and even that resentment subsided.
I could hear children's squeals and adult voices, the sound of the seaside. But I was like a brick, a paralysed thing. I guess I gave it over to God at that moment.

Suddenly a hand grabbed hold of me and hoisted me out of the water. I knew I was being saved - by a lady with short dark curly hair, whom I didn't know. Thank you I said as I coughed up the vile-tasting salty water. She smiled, 'that's alright love', in such a matter of fact way that I wondered if I had been drowning at all. I flipped over onto my back to float and rest, looked around but she was gone. Vanished

There was nobody nearer to me than a couple, about fifteen feet away, hand-holding, standing hip-high in the water, facing the shore with their backs to me. My situation had not alerted them. They were locked into their own world.
I can remember thinking it couldn't have been them who saved me because they couldn't have waded over to that spot in time. There was nobody else nearby.
Was she my Guardian Angel in earthly form? Or was it the kindness of strangers? Or both?
I have only just realised how seminal that moment was in my life.
(There's a merit to getting old(er) and having penny dropping moments)

I guess I knew from very early on that I was here to crack this life on my own. But I would always be helped. To trust in the big plan.